May 28, 2013 Leave a comment
From Guest Blogger, Ann Convery:
Here is something I’ve seen over and
over again in entrepreneurs.
It’s the secret way so many of us
wait and hide from success.
Everyone hides from success a little differently, and the sad part is, we don’t even know it.
If you want to know why you might be hiding
from your own success, and how you’re doing it,
and how to STOP it. . .
Join me this Thursday at 2:00PST / 5:00 EST
for a powerful webinar:
The Doorway to Desire, Profits and Prospects.
You’ll discover 5 keys to take your business from OK to OMG!
I’m sharing what makes an “overnight”
success story, and how to accelerate
your business fast, in ways you may not have heard of.
Join us for an astonishing peek at what you can achieve when you take your foot off that brake.
See you Thursday!
So. Are you hiding from your own success?
Seems like a stupid question, doesn’t it.
It’s not. If you are not enjoying the success you want, right now, you are actually keeping it away.
I’m sorry. Don’t shoot the messenger.
Here are 5 ways people hide from being successful.
See if any of them ring a bell.
1. “I really want to be in the spotlight… I think.” If you are ambivalent about being in the spotlight, you’ll never get there.
Many people are shy, or would feel too exposed out there in the limelight. Or they want extreme success, but “only if it meets their conditions.”
Your success has conditions too.
Do they match up? Think about it.
2. “I just need one more certification.” Women, especially, fall into this pit. You have everything you need, RIGHT NOW, to make a beyond 6-figure income. Don’t go back to school and put it off.
3. “I’d love to be super-successful, but I don’t want to be like those other gurus.” Meaning, usually, you don’t want to market like crazy, put yourself out there, up your game, change your business, and again, market like crazy.
4. “Can’t people just find me? My work stands for itself.”
Not today. Not ever, in fact.
This means you don’t want to promote yourself, because it feels:
- “Just not you”
Borrow a trick from Oprah, Richard Branson, and all the super stars:
Find your professional image, and promote that, not the Inner You.
5. “I don’t want to seem bossy and overbearing.”
This belief is downright dangerous.
Want to know why more people aren’t following you?
Because you’re not leading them.
You’re not out in front of your market, with a clear powerful message.
So they can’t follow you.
Because you’re not leading.
You’re too busy chasing clients.
And if you chase them, who’s more valuable?
They are. And they know it.
Become a leader.
Give your peeps a good reason to follow you.
You don’t know this, but they’re waiting for you to pick up that torch.
Join me on Thursday for a powerful look at what you can do to break the “just OK” cycle and accelerate the success you really want.
It’s your turn.
Copyright © Ann Convery 2013