November 28, 2013 Leave a comment
Not that the holidays necessarily offers us time to slow down, relax and breathe, but we do have time to be thankful.
Below are some quick holiday marketing tips that you can utilize to help grow your business and boost sales, so your holidays can give you even more reasons to be thankful throughout the coming year.
Just about any business or service can utilize the holidays to boost sales. We generally think of the season boosting sales of clothing, jewelry or electronics, which is does, but those are just the obvious ones.
If you’re in the FBI or CIA, or a covert spy of some sort, the pitch might be a bit more troublesome, but overall, generally there is going to be a way that you can pitch your business, product or service during the holiday season.
1. Think about it, if you’re a florist, what better way to make the holidays cheerier. If you’re a psychotherapist, there is help for the holiday blues. If hairstylist, cosmetic surgeon or make-up artist, you can help create a new look for the New Year.
2. If you’re a restaurateur you can offer the perfect holiday meal. If you’re a marketer or business advisor, there is no better time to prepare for the New Year, you get the idea.
3. The last quarter of the year presents unique opportunities to get your story out to the media, your customers and your prospects. The holiday season is a time when people spend on others and themselves. It’s also a time when the media is looking for story ideas with holiday themed gift guides and a stories having to do with holiday gifts, gadgets and products.
4. What you need to do is drill down and develop story ideas that speak to the needs of the various media outlets. Remember during this time you need to tie your media angle and pitch to the holidays and you need to keep the needs of the various media outlets you’re pitching in mind. TV is a visual medium, so you want to pitch them a visual hook.
5. If you have a product that you can bring on and show, that helps, or if you do a quick makeover that that could work. Print publications need a strong story. If you can tie your product in with a cause, charity or local angle, that can give you a step up.
There is quite a bit of clever marketing and PR you can do during the holidays, which can pay off throughout the year.
But tomorrow, forget about marketing.
Focus on the day and being grateful.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Copyright © Anthony Mora Communications 2013